A delicious balance of rich chocolate and sweet, fruity P.D.O. PersiMon® from Spain.
- 60g dark chocolate
- Heaped tsp coconut oil
- 2 ripe PersiMon®
- 2 tbsp agave/maple syrup
- Tbsp chia seeds
- Juice from 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch ground ginger
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together and add some of this into two silicone cupcake cases bringing it up and around the edges to create a case. Pop these into the fridge for 20 minutes, then add a second layer of chocolate and return to the fridge.
- To make the jam, peel and chop the PersiMon® into small pieces and add these into a saucepan with the sweetener and orange juice. Heat over medium until the PersiMon® breaks down into a puree, then add in the chia seeds and reduce to a simmer. Allow the jam to thicken, then remove from the heat.
- For the mousse, combine the coconut milk, maple syrup, spices and cacao powder and mix well. Melt the chocolate, then pour this into your mixture whist whisking. The mousse should thicken as the chocolate cools.
- Carefully remove the chocolate cup from the cases once they are completely set. Add a spoonful of cooled jam into each of the chocolate shells and top with the mousse. Leave these in the fridge for a couple of hours to chill before serving.
Recipe created by Charlotte Roberts, Charley’s Health