PersiMon® is the registered trademark used to identify the Rojo Brillante variety of persimmon (with two m’s), which is characterised by its firm flesh and sweet, vanilla-like flavour.
• Only grown in the Ribera del Xúquer Valley near Valencia in Spain, PersiMon® is known as The Star of Valencia because of the distinctive star shape in the centre of the fruit.
• PersiMon® is P.D.O. certified, just like a Manchego or Stilton cheese, or a Rioja wine.
• D.O. Ribera Del Xúquer status guarantees excellent taste and versatility and ensures top quality PersiMon® and traceability.
• Look out for the P.D.O. logo on packs of PersiMon®, available in all major retailers from just mid-October until January.
• D.O. Regulatory Council runs a strict and efficient control system to ensure PersiMon® is grown to the highest possible standards, and that all its growers comply with international regulations.
• There are no pips or stone in PersiMon®, so the fruit can be eaten whole, including the skin!
• PersiMon® has a sweet, vanilla-like flavour and is packed full of antioxidants, such as carotenoids and flavonoids. It is also a high fibre fruit that can help lower cholesterol, reduce blood-sugar levels, and keeps your digestive system healthy.
• This unique and incredibly versatile fruit works well in both sweet and savoury recipes. See our inspiring collection on our recipes page.