A great family-friendly dessert, using delicious P.D.O. PersiMon® from Spain, to make with the kids that’ll warm bones and fill bellies on a cold day.
- 2 PersiMon®
- 300g Thai sticky rice
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 3 Tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Take the Thai sticky rice and cook as per packet instructions (normally in about 450g water, covered for 15 mins then allow to rest for 10 mins).
- Pour the coconut milk in a pan and heat gently, mixing in three spoons of sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the cooked sticky rice.
- Melt down a knob of butter and cook until brown and foamy then add a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Thickly slice a few PersiMon® and garnish with a little mint.
- Spoon the rice onto a plate and drizzle with the butter. Yum!
Recipe created by Adam Shaw, At Dad’s Table