This pudding is SO delicious – perfect for chilly days!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- 100g butter, plus 1tsp for greasing
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1tbsp milk or a non-dairy alternative
- 100g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2tsp ground ginger
- 2tbsp chopped stem ginger in syrup
- 2 Spanish persimons, halved and leafy top removed
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1tbsp demerara sugar
- 20g pecans, chopped
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Grease a 22cm ceramic baking dish (or similar) with a little butter.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy, then gradually beat in the eggs. Stir in the milk. Fold in the flour, salt, ground ginger and stem ginger.
- Transfer to the baking dish and spread out evenly. Cut the persimons into thin slices and arrange on top of the sponge mixture, fanning out the slices. Sprinkle lemon juice and demerara sugar on top of them.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately, sprinkled with pecans and drizzled with syrup.
Cook’s tip: Make the puddings in individual dishes, though reduce the cooking time to 20-25 minutes.
|Per 100g (recipe)||Per serving|
|RI (%) per 100g (recipe)||RI (%) per serving|
|Of which saturates||9.6g||9.5g||48%||48%|
|Of which Sugars||25g||25g||28%||28%|