This fun festive cocktail is a new take on the classic mojito. Serve it with little persimon® nibbles for the perfect accompaniment.
- 1 P.D.O. Spanish Persimon®
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2tsp demerara sugar
- Handful of mint leaves
- 120ml coconut rum
- Soda water, to top up
- 50g full fat soft cheese
- A few toasted flaked almonds or pine nuts
- 2-3 cocktail cherries, chopped
- Cut the leafy top from the Spanish Persimon® and cut off a few thin slices for the drinks. Cut the rest into thicker slices and set to one side.
- Put the lime juice, sugar and mint leaves into a small jug and ‘muddle’ them together, crushing the mint leaves (you could use the end of a rolling pin for this). Pour into two tall glasses, add a few thin slices of persimon® and top up with ice cubes and soda. Decorate with persimon® slices and extra mint.
- Spread the reserved persimon® slices with soft cheese, then sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds or pine nuts and chopped cocktail cherries. Serve with the mojitos.
Cook’s tip: These are best made just before you want to enjoy them!
Recipe photography and stylist by Donna Crous.