Preparation time: 15 minutes
- A few generous handfuls of mixed salad leaves of your choice; watercress works really well
- 2 Spanish Persimon
- 100g Manchego cheese
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds
- 80ml white wine or cider vinegar
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2tbsp clear honey
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the salad leaves in a salad bowl.
- Remove the leafy tops from the Persimon, dice then add to the bowl.
- Thinly slice or shave the Manchego cheese and add to the salad.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey and olive oil, seasoning with a little salt and pepper.
- Combine the dressing with the salad and toss gently. Serve, sprinkled with the toasted almonds.
Cook’s tip: Try adding some Spanish cured meat like pata negra or chorizo