Preparation time: 10 minutes
Setting time: 4 hours
- 1 sachet powdered gelatine
- 450ml apple or orange juice (or 1 packet of your favourite jelly)
- 2 ripe Spanish Persimon
- Whipped cream and mint leaves, for decoration
- Pour 100ml of boiling water into a jug. Sprinkle on the gelatine, stir well and allow 3-4 minutes for it to dissolve to a completely clear liquid, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the apple or orange juice and stir thoroughly, making sure it’s all mixed in. (Or, choose your favourite flavour jelly and prepare as per packet instructions.)
- Wash the Persimon and use a knife to cut them into small chunks or slices. You don’t need to peel them but do discard the leafy top.
- Share the Persimon between 6 glasses, reserving a few pieces for decoration.
- Pour the liquid into the glasses, filling them almost to the top. Put them on a plate or tray in the fridge. They will take about 4 hours to set.
- When the jellies are set, decorate with whipped cream, mint leaves and extra slices or chunks of persimon.