Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking: 2 minutes
This lively, colourful salad is a really great combo – ideal for a festive starter or healthy main meal. Seasonal Spanish persimons add great vibrancy and flavour – perfect with young spinach, sliced radish, red chilli, coriander and hot sizzled prawns – with a zesty lime juice and sesame oil dressing.
- 2 Spanish persimons
- 2 generous handfuls young spinach
- 12 radish, sliced
- Small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped (including the stalks)
- 20g butter
- 400g raw tiger or king prawns, thawed if frozen, and patted dry
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Remove the leafy tops from the persimons, slice the flesh and add to a large bowl with the spinach, radish and coriander. Toss gently to mix.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan until sizzling. Add the prawns and chilli and fry over a medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes, turning the prawns often and cooking them until they turn pink. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the lime zest and juice, sesame oil and olive oil, adding a pinch of sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Share the salad between 4 serving plates and top with the prawns, chilli and buttery juices. Drizzle the dressing on top, then serve with a few extra lime wedges.
Cook’s tip: The toasted sesame oil is delicious, though you could omit it and just use a total of 5 tbsp of olive oil instead.