Get Halloween off to a scary start with a bowl of this frighteningly good porridge!
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 8 minutes
Suitable for vegetarians
- 3 Spanish persimons
- 200g high fibre porridge oats
- 1 litre oat milk or semi-skimmed milk
- 4tbsp low fat natural yogurt
- 8 blueberries
- 4tsp pumpkin seeds or mixed seeds
- Chop one persimon into chunks, removing the leafy stem. Puree in a blender. Cut the other persimon into slices, removing the leafy stems.
- Put the porridge oats into a saucepan with the milk and pureed persimon. Heat, stirring constantly, until the porridge boils and thickens. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- Share the porridge between 4 serving bowls and level the surface. Top with the persimon slices, yogurt, blueberries and mixed seeds, arranged to look like scary faces. Serve immediately.
Cook’s tip: If you’re vegan or dairy-intolerant, use oat milk or soya milk and a soya yogurt instead of dairy-based.
|Per 100g (recipe)||Per serving|
|RI (%) per 100g (recipe)||RI (%) per serving|
|Of which saturates||0.4g||1.5g||2%||8%|
|Of which Sugars||4.4g||16g||5%||18%|