Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 small pork loin steaks
- 2 Spanish Persimon, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 100ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green beans and watercress, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the Persimon and red onion and cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring
- Once they are soft, transfer to a blender. Add the spices and stock and blend until
smooth. Return to the saucepan and simmer gently over a very low heat.
- Season the pork loin steaks with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining olive oil in a
heavy frying pan and brown the pork on both sides. Transfer to the oven and cook
for 10 minutes.
- Serve 2 steaks per person, with the sauce on the side. Accompany with lightly
cooked green beans and watercress.
Cook’s tip: If you prefer a chunky sauce, cook the ingredients as above and don’t purée.