Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking: 2 minutes
Enjoy this little celebration of all things Spanish, where little skewers with chunks of Spanish persimon, Serrano ham and Manchego cheese are drizzled with a dressing of Spanish sherry vinegar, olive oil, toasted sesame seeds and thyme.
- 2 Spanish persimons
- 200g Serrano ham
- 200g Manchego cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp Spanish sherry vinegar
- 4 tbsp Spanish olive oil
- Pinch of sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Remove the leafy tops from the persimons, then cut the flesh into chunks. Thread onto small skewers with pieces of folded Serrano ham and chunks of Manchego cheese.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the sherry vinegar and olive oil, adding a pinch of sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan for a minute or two, shaking the pan frequently, until they are golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- Serve the skewers, drizzled with the dressing and sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds and little sprigs of thyme.
Cook’s tip: You can swap the Manchego cheese for a fine British mature Cheddar – depending on your preference.