Preparation time: 10 minutes
This is a delicious version of Eton Mess, with chopped Spanish persimons, crushed raspberries and pomegranate seeds, with whipped cream and broken meringues. YUM!
- 2 Spanish persimons
- 200g raspberries (use thawed frozen ones)
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 300ml double cream
- 4 meringue shells
- Remove the leafy tops from the persimons, slice the flesh and add to a large bowl. Crush the raspberries lightly with a fork and add these to the bowl with the pomegranate seeds. Stir gently to combine.
- Whip the cream in a large chilled bowl until it holds its shape. (A metal bowl is best for whipping cream – just chill it in the fridge for 10 minutes before you start).
- Break up the meringue shells roughly, adding them to the bowl of cream. Stir them through gently.
- Spoon some of the fruit mixture into 4 attractive glasses. Layer the cream and meringue mixture on top, alternating with the fruit mixture. Make sure you reserve a little fruit for the top, then serve.
Cook’s tip: You can make these lovely desserts 3-4 hours before you need them. Just keep them covered and refrigerated.