Enjoy this warming, aromatic prawn curry with a chopped Indian salad of Persimon®, cucumber, avocado, coriander and green chilli.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 30g butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1tsp chopped fresh green chilli
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp black mustard seeds
- 400ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 300g cooked, peeled king prawns, thawed if frozen
- 1tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus sprigs to garnish
- Basmati rice, to serve
- 1 Spanish Persimon®, finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 small ripe avocado, halved, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1tbsp lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First, make the Persimon® kachumber by mixing all the ingredients together. Cover and set aside for the flavours to mingle.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion, chilli and garlic and cook gently for 3-4 minutes until soft and golden.
- Stir in the ground cumin, coriander, turmeric and mustard seeds and cook for a few seconds, then add the coconut milk and 3tbsp water. Heat until simmering, then cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
- Tip in the prawns and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Season and serve with basmati rice, garnished with coriander sprigs, with the kachumber on the side.
Cook’s tip: For a quick chicken curry, use 300g cooked chicken chunks instead of the prawns.
|Nutritional values||per 764g serving||per 100g|
|of which saturates||19.9g||2.6g|
|of which sugars||19.8g||2.6g|