Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Serves: 16 servings
Bring the flavours of Spain to your next gathering with this appetiser featuring delicious Spanish ingredients. The Tempranillo wine reduction, drizzled atop the Persimon® wedges, adds a sophisticated touch to these tasty hors d’oeuvres.
- ½ cup (125 ml) Tempranillo wine
- ¼ cup (50g) sugar
- 5 whole peppercorns
- ½ a cinnamon stick
- 16 slices of baguette
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 Persimon®, leafy top removed and sliced into 12 wedges
- 1 cup (250g) spinach leaves
- 50g Manchego cheese, shaved
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- 2. Place all of the ingredients for the wine reduction in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced by half, approximately 15 minutes. Brush each bread slice with olive oil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes.
- 3. Heat a griddle pan on high and brush with olive oil. In batches, grill the Persimon® wedges for 2 minutes per side.
- 4. To assemble the crostini, place a few leaves of spinach on a bread slice, top with Manchego cheese, followed by a grilled Persimon® wedge. Drizzle with wine reduction and serve immediately.
Tip: Instead of the reduction, try melting 3 tablespoons of apricot jam in a saucepan and drizzling over the crostini.